Nothing shouts Indian festivals better than pistachio cupcakes and rose flavors. This is precisely why I am bringing to you these delicious and decadent Pistachio cupcakes with rose buttercream frosting! I love cupcakes so much, I can’t even. Buttercream has to be my number one weakness and with these pistachio cupcakes, the rose buttercream is just flawless.
According to me, what really defines a cupcake is how beautifully it melts in your mouth. Each and every bite of your cupcake should be getting reduced to a mixture of the most delicious flavors. These super moist pistachio cupcakes pack TONS of flavor in each cupcake wrapper! Made from simple everyday ingredients, this easy cupcake recipe will be your new favorite this festive season. Moreover, the flavors of these pistachio cupcakes are warm and tempting which makes them the perfect respite for your sweet cravings this winter!
Baking the perfect pistachio cupcakes with rose buttercream
I would go ahead and call these eggless pistachio cupcakes absolutely perfect because, well, they are delicious, they do not require any complex ingredients, and they are done and frosted within a span of only 30 minutes!
To get your cupcakes perfect (more perfect, haha), I would also like to suggest some tips. I assure you, you will fall in love with baking cupcakes once you realize how easy they are!
- Use an ice cream scooper to get the perfect quantity of the batter in the cupcake liners.
- Do not push two cupcake trays into your oven. Put one batch of your cupcakes in the center of the oven for even and uniform baking.
- Never forget to pre-heat your oven.
- To test whether your cupcakes are done or not, you can always use a toothpick. However, when you think your cupcakes are evenly baked, you can push the center with your finger. If it bounces back, they’re completely baked. (Only try this with cupcakes that have cooled down a bit).
How to bake these pistachio cupcakes in the microwave
Looking for a pistachio cupcakes recipe in the microwave? All you have to do while baking these cupcakes in the convection microwave is to reduce the baking time by 25%. So in the microwave, this will only take about 15 minutes at 180*C. Everything else remains the same.
Ingredients for these pistachio cupcakes
The ingredients for these pistachio cupcakes are very basic. For the pistachio powder, just grind the pistachios in your grinder. I have used normal vegetable oil. Using oils like olive oil or coconut oil will give the pistachio cupcakes a different flavor. But, you can surely experiment! For the cupcakes, I have used normal Amul butter. Even though it is salted, it does not really affect the taste of the buttercream. Instead, gives it a very balanced flavor. You can get the kewra extract and the food coloring at any normal grocery store.
Tips for the perfect pistachio cupcakes with rose buttercream
For the perfect cupcakes
Why cupcakes are the perfect desserts is because you don’t need to spend a lot of time mixing the batter. Once your dry and wet ingredients are combined, that is it. Stop right there, transfer onto your cupcake pan and bake. First and foremost, start with room temperature ingredients. In every possible recipe on the blog, you need to stick to room temperature ingredients. If the recipe requires you to not use room temperature ingredients, it will be specified otherwise. When your pistachio cupcakes are baking in the oven or the microwave, do not keep peeking. Peeking will deflate your cupcakes and let the air out. Once you think they have sufficiently risen, don’t immediately insert a toothpick. Instead, shake the cupcake tray and if the batter wobbles, it still is unprepared.
For the perfect rose buttercream frosting
- Make sure your butter is softened. In case you forgot to keep your butter out to bring it to room temperature, pop it in the microwave to soften it. Start the microwave for 10 seconds, check how soft your butter is, and then pop it again if it needs more softening. Be attentive at this step.
- Your whipped butter should have a pale white color.
- When adding the icing sugar, be cautious so it doesn’t fly off everywhere.
- While adding the color, start with 2-3 drops and then add according to however you want it.
Pistachio cupcakes with rose buttercream frosting recipe
- ½ cup pistachio powder
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup castor sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Ingredients for the frosting-
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoon kewra extract
- 2-3 drops of pink colour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a cupcake tray with liners.
- In a bowl, combine pistachio powder,flour,baking soda and baking powder
- Mix all the dry ingredients well.
- In a large bowl, add milk,egg,oil and vanilla extract. And mix well.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix only until well combined.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, transfer the batter into the cupcake tray, filling almost to the top.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- To make the frosting, beat softened butter with an electric mixer until it is completely smooth.
- With the mixer still running, gradually add icing sugar. Beat until the sugar is well incorporated and the frosting is fluffy.
- Add in the kewra extract and pink colour and mix well.
- Frost the cupcakes with Rose Buttercream and serve!
More cupcake recipe from the blog
In case you end up making these cupcakes, don’t forget to share the pictures with me on Instagram!