I have been trying to share at least one eggless recipe with you here every week. I couldn’t share one last week because I was in Amsterdam (have you read my vegetarian guide in Amsterdam post?) To make up for that, I had to post an extra special eggless recipe and so, I decided to bake what a lot of you requested- eggless chocolate lava cake! What’s better- this eggless chocolate lava cake is filled with cookie butter and served with vanilla ice-cream and raspberries. Hence, my own personal twist on the staple eggless chocolate lava cake recipe.
Ingredients for the Eggless Chocolate Lava Cake
I do understand that most of you might not be able to get your hands on cookie butter and so, you can simply replace it with peanut butter or even Nutella!
I would also recommend using castor sugar if you can get your hands on it because please remember that castor sugar will always give your cakes or any other dessert, as a matter of fact, more volume and definitely a beautiful, lighter texture. However, if you do not have castor sugar to bake this eggless chocolate lava cake, you can simply grind granulated sugar in a food processor for a couple of minutes.
Pointers while baking the Chocolate Lava Cake
Despite recipes shouting everywhere about the simplicity of this recipe, there are a lot of complains I get about the chocolate lava cake and how so many of you are not able to get the molten center right. Now, I do understand that they do look complicated and intimidating but trust me, this is not the true story to this beautiful, decadent cake.
Trust me when I say this, the recipe is so easy to whip up, a baking rookie will also get the oozy center done up to the level of perfection within no time.
To get this eggless chocolate lava cake exactly the way you want, follow the simple following pointers ad you’re good to go:
-coat the ramekins with butter and dust a small amount of cocoa powder so your cake comes out perfectly
-remember to freeze the cookie butter. If it is already in a molten state, it won’t help the case. Also, push them inside the batter-filled ramekins only until they are completely immersed.
Serving these Eggless Chocolate Lava Cakes
While I love to serve these eggless chocolate lava cakes with raspberries and a generous serving of ice cream, and I personally think that it’s heaven in every bite, you can choose to experiment as you like. You can choose to keep it simple, just with icing sugar, or just with some assorted berries or you can go full out with ice cream and caramel sauce, haha! Got to love desserts that are so forgiving, right?
Another amazing thing about this eggless chocolate lava cake is that it takes no time to prepare. The batter gets ready in no time and takes only 15 minutes in the oven! Who can say no to a dessert that is so decadent and so quick?
- 4 tablespoons (57g) cookie butter/ peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (67g) castor sugar
- ½ cup (120ml) hot water
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (30g) cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoons (3g) baking soda
- ice cream and raspberries to serve
- On a trey, place 4 tablespoons of cookie butter in four round balls and freeze them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Generously brush 4 small cake pans/ ramekins with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, water, and oil. Beat well.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix until everything is well combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins.
- Push the frozen ball of cookie butter into the batter.
- Bake the cakes at 180C for 15 minutes until the cakes are cooked through.
- Your eggless chocolate lava cakes are ready. Serve warm with ice-cream and berries.