I have been trying to share at least one eggless recipe with you here every week. I couldn’t share one last week because I was in Amsterdam ( have you read my vegetarian guide in Amsterdam post?) To make up for that, I had to post an extra special eggless recipe so I decided to bake what a lot of you requested- eggless chocolate lava cake! What’s better- this eggless chocolate lava cake is filled with cookie butter and served with vanilla ice-cream and raspberries. If you can’t get your hands on cookie butter, you can replace it with peanut butter!
Another amazing thing about this eggless chocolate lave cake is that it takes no time to prepare. The batter gets ready in no time and takes only 15 minutes in the oven! Who can say no to a dessert that is so decadent and so quick?
makes 4 small cakes
- 4 tablespoons (57g) cookie butter/ peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (67g) castor sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) hot water
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons (30g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons (3g) baking soda
- ice cream and raspberries to serve
- On a trey, place 4 tablespoons of cookie butter in four round balls and freeze them.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Generously brush 4 small cake pans/ ramekins with melted butter.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, water and oil. Beat well.
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix until everything is well combined and there are no lumps in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins.
- Push the frozen ball of cookie butter into the batter.
- Bake the cakes at 180C for 15 minutes until the cakes are cooked through.
- Your eggless chocolate lava cakes are ready. Serve warm with ice-cream and berries.