I have always loved a good granola but nothing comes close to this excellent double chocolate granola. It is packed with goodness and so super healthy. I use all the healthy seeds and grains in this double chocolate granola, which makes it the perfect choice for a healthy breakfast and snack. What really makes it delicious is the chocolate. Oh wait, DOUBLE chocolate! This double chocolate granola has cocoa powder and also chocolate chips. So good!
This double chocolate granola has my favorite oats. It also has white quinoa, which is so good in the granola. If you don’t have quinoa, you can use amaranth in the recipe. The recipe of this double chocolate granola is actually very flexible- you can use some of these grains and seeds in the recipe or substitute/replace any ingredients that you may not have. Feel free to add nuts and seeds of your choice.
You can use honey or maple syrup to sweeten this double chocolate granola. I usually eat it for breakfast with yogurt or milk but it is so good as a healthy snack. It also makes for a great thing to snack on if you crave something sweet. What I love about this double chocolate granola is that it is SO easy to make. You simply mix everything in one bowl. It takes no time to prepare and you have enough to last you at least a week. It doesn’t get better than this! Also try the blueberry granola
This double chocolate granola is-
- gluten free
- refined sugar free
- dairy free/ vegan
- easy to make
I’ll also be sharing the recipe video on my Instagram
- 1 cup traditional oats
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup assorted seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup honey/maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl combine oats, quinioa, walnuts, seeds and pine nuts.
- Mix in the cocoa powder.
- Add cinnamon powder, ginger powder and orange zest. Mix well.
- Add the honey/maple syrup and mix until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto a baking trey lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the granola is out of the oven, add the chocolate chips.
- Store the double chocolate granola in an air-tight container.