This blueberry-almond granola is perfect for breakfast or a quick snack. It is healthy, sugar free, easy to make and so delicious. The best part about this recipe is that it is so versatile! You can add flax seeds, pine nuts or walnuts to your granola, I mean, you get the drift, right? The crunchy oats and almonds and the chewy blueberries come together beautifully with vanilla and some maple syrup. It takes hardly 5 minutes to mix every thing together and only 15 minutes in the oven. You can also prepare granola ahead of time and store it in an airtight container so that it doesn’t lose the crunch. Serve with greek yogurt and fresh-cut fruits for a bowl full of yumminess. Breakfast has never been easier!
This blueberry granola is
- easy to make
- 2 cups traditional oats
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup watermelon/ pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp vegetable/ coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and almonds and seeds.
- In a small bowl combine vanilla extract, oil and maple syrup. Pour over the oats mixture.
- Mix well and ensure everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Make sure it is spread evenly on the try.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, pull out the tray. Give everything a gentle mix and add dry blueberries.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.