Now I know how frostings can be tricky and you all want to know a super easy recipe for a delicious frosting. This meringue frosting recipe is exactly what you have been looking for! It is so versatile and the basic vanilla taste goes well with almost everything! This meringue frosting will take your basic cake from a good cake to the most delicious cake! You got to try this super quick, easy frosting recipe that calls for only 4 ingredients. What I also like about this fluffy meringue frosting is that doesn’t require any butter and that you can toast is to a beautiful golden brown. What is not to love?
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup castor sugar
- beans from one vanilla pod
- On a double boiler ( heat proof bowl over a bowl of simmering water) set over medium heat, mix egg whites, lemon juice and sugar. Keep mixing continuously, to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, transfer the egg mixture to another bowl and add vanilla beans.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until the egg whites double in volume and stiff peaks form. The mixture will be smooth and glossy.
If you’re interested in frostings, you would definitely like the article on making the Perfect Buttercream Frosting. Happy Baking!
Leave a Reply