- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup castor sugar
- beans from one vanilla pod
- On a double boiler ( heat proof bowl over a bowl of simmering water) set over medium heat, mix egg whites, lemon juice and sugar. Keep mixing continuously, to prevent the eggs from curdling.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the sugar dissolves, transfer the egg mixture to another bowl and add vanilla beans.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until the egg whites double in volume and stiff peaks form. The mixture will be smooth and glossy.