A lot of my readers have loved the chocolate cake recipes that I’ve posted here in the past-
I really wanted to give my vegan readers a recipe as well because everyone loves chocolate cake, right? This recipe uses no dairy but is as good as the other chocolate cakes. This vegan chocolate cake is flavorful and the texture is to die for. As always, I’ve tried to keep the recipe as simple as possible. The vegan chocolate cake recipe does not call for any fancy ingredients- they’re all pantry staples that we use for our usual baking. The recipe is also fairly simple. Anyone can follow through and whip up this delicious vegan chocolate cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 + 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 + 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 + 1/2 cups boiling hot water
- 1 cup organic brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda,salt, espresso powder and cocoa powder
- Pour the hot water into a large bowl. Add brown sugar, vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix- mix only until well combined and there are no flour pockets in the batter.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin and bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cover with dark chocolate, melted with one teaspoon of vegetable oil.