I love brownies but for some reason I don’t make them too often. Maybe that is the reason why I don’t have a brownie recipe on the blog yet. I’m finally changing that sharing this yum recipe of Peanut Butter Brownies with you that uses organic peanut butter.
I love peanut butter and I love using it in desserts because it easily folds into the ingredients and provided you balance your recipe well, peanut butter seldom overpowers. These Peanut Butter Brownies also have the richness of walnuts and dark chocolate. I have used dark chocolate so the sweetness of the peanut butter can be balanced well in the overall dessert.
Last month I shared the recipe of cookie sandwiches using the organic peanut butter from 24 Mantra. I loved it so much that I decided to continue experimenting with it in my kitchen. Its been 3 months since I started my journey into organic cooking and baking and when you look at the broader picture you will notice that 24 Mantra Organic has so many organic products that you can plan all your meals using organic ingredients.
I hope you enjoy this recipe of Peanut Butter Brownies incorporated with organic goodness!
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 100g butter, chopped
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- Butter an 8″ square pan and pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- In a saucepan set over low heat, melt butter and chocolate. Let it cool.
- Combine sugar and eggs. Add the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Fold in the walnuts
- Transfer the batter to the baking dish. Top with peanut butter and using a skewer, make swirls.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
Hello, instead of eggs can we always use Greek yogurt in every recipe or it depends on recipe to recipe only.
bake with shivesh says
Hello. It depends from recipe to recipe. Wherever substitutes are possible, I’ve mentioned them 🙂
hi..instead of peanut butter, can we substitute with Nutella too??
Hii is there a substitute of egg in this recipe? Like Greek yogurt