I love how versatile the puff-pastry dough is and I keep exploiting its versatility to the maximum extent! This time, I am experimenting with some fresh cherries and puff pastry and posting this recipe of Cherry Puff Pastry Tart!
This Cherry Puff Pastry Tart takes me to another level altogether. The gooey cherries in the perfect puff pastry crust and some generous scoops of ice cream equal to many textures and the perfect combination of sweetness and acidity.
I see so many cherry tart recipes but I don’t see a Cherry Puff Pastry Tart recipe and that surprises me because the puff pastry envelopes the cherries in such a gorgeous manner! I would any day choose this simple recipe over a conventional cherry tart simply because of how amazing it turns out to be all the time!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 can Delmonte cherries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using the knife, make 1 inch borders on all 4 sides.
- Transfer to a baking tray and bake at 180C for 15-20 minutes until its golden-brown.
- On a saucepan set over medium heat, Bring drained Delmonte cherries and sugar to a boil.
- Cook until you get a thick filing consistency.
- Once the puff pastry is golden brown, spread the cherry filling on the top. Serve with ice-cream.