Don’t you guys think that Delhi is playing so many games with us in the weather department? Yesterday’s weather made me try smoothies to welcome the spring. You can catch all the fun on my Instagram! But, today’s weather made me wear a sweater and make these yum Walnut Mocha Cookies! These walnut mocha cookies are so beautifully autumn, it is crazy. The reason I am posting this literally at the beginning of spring is that you guys really love the mocha flavor. While I am not a ridiculous coffee person, I love my mocha in my desserts and these Walnut Mocha Cookies have the perfectly balanced flavors.
Many people, I have seen, are literally surviving on or because of coffee. It’s not even a joke! So, of course, I loved creating these Walnut Mocha Cookies for all you coffee and cookie lovers. The recipe is easy, the preparation is hardly anything, and the result is crazy good. Trust me when I say this, these Walnut Mocha Cookies are the most appropriate sidekick for all your coffee and tea beverages. The mocha after-taste is beautiful and refreshing- exactly like a cup of coffee! You can also prefer having it with half a glass of milk- warm or cold- it’s definitely going to taste nice. Unarguably, these Walnut Mocha Cookies are a beautiful hug to your taste buds for when you are craving something not too sweet!
Tips to get the perfect Walnut Mocha Cookies
Now, even though cookies are a fairly easy recipe- one could always use some tips. Making cookies is an intricate process and also one that requires some patience. If you need the chewy and delicious outcome, you’re going to have to test your patience. Once these Walnut Mocha Cookies become your favorite (and they really will), you will end up loving the process too!
Now, try to keep the following tips in mind to get the perfect and most delicious Walnut Mocha Cookies.
- Keep that butter softened. If your butter is not softened, your sugars won’t mix. Your sugar and butter mixture is the very base of your Cookies.
- To get softened butter, place it in a bowl and pop it in the microwave. Micro in intervals of 10-10 seconds until it is just softened. Be cautious to not melt it. Melted butter gets very different results.
- Use castor sugar. Using castor sugar really helps save time and also helps the final results. Sugars come in a lot of varieties, but all over the world, castor sugar is the Bible sugar for desserts.
- Do not disturb the cookies while they bake. You know they are done when they gain that beautiful golden-ish color or when the edges turn brown.
- For uniform cookies, use an ice-cream scooper to plop the dough onto the tray. If you do not have an ice-cream scooper, use a deep tablespoon to get equal-sized Cookie balls.
- Put the dough to rest in the fridge for at least 30-45 minutes before making it. If this step is overlooked, your cookies will spread far too much.
- Allow the cookies to cool down before consuming. They’re soft and brittle when fresh out of the oven.
Baking these Walnut Mocha Cookies in the microwave
If your microwave has a convection mode, you can also bake these cookies in it! Cookies do not really have disappointing results. They do not have strict guidelines for temperatures and other baking rules. To bake these Walnut Mocha Cookies in the microwave, preheat until 180 degrees Celsius. Place the cookies evenly on your tray, and allow to bake for 15-17 minutes only. Again, microwaves differ, so keep a sharp eye out for the golden edges.
PS- If your microwave does not accept a flat tray, take that round cake tin out and evenly place your cookie dough onto it. You might take a longer time to bake a sufficient batch of cookies, but you will succeed!
Walnut Mocha Cookies Recipe
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tablespoon instant coffee powder
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup melted dark chocolate
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (to top)
- 1 cup Choco chips (to top)
- In a bowl, combine all purpose flour, baking soda, and coffee powder. Set this aside.
- In another bowl cream your butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well. Now add in the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Mix your dry and wet ingredients and bring the cookie dough together.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for 30minutes and preheat your oven at 170°C.
- Once chilled, scoop out equal portions of the cookie dough using an ice cream scoop on your baking tray.
- Flatten the scoops a little using your hands and top each cookie dough scoop with wanuts and chocochips.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool completely and enjoy!