The season of strawberries is one of my favorite times of the year. The fruit adds a totally new dimension to a dessert. I absolutely love experimenting with strawberry desserts and hence, I have this yummy eggless whole wheat strawberry cake recipe for you!
I posted a whole wheat strawberry cake recipe on the blog last year and a lot of you asked me for an eggless version of the recipe. So here’s an even healthier version of the fuss-free and delicious strawberry cake. This strawberry cake is studded with lush red strawberries which perfectly compliments the fine crumbs of the simple cake.
Tips on ingredients used for eggless whole wheat strawberry cake
This eggless whole wheat strawberry cake uses very simple ingredients and comes together in less than 15 minutes. Follow these few tips to make sure you never go wrong with your cake:
- Always use castor sugar instead of granulated sugar in your cake as it dissolves quickly while baking and gives the cake a nice texture.
- I prefer using plain and flavorless vegetable oil, like sunflower oil or canola oil for my cakes. It makes the cake light and fluffy.
- Make sure you use the best quality strawberries you can get your hands on. I source my fresh strawberries from INA market in Delhi, but you can also check out places like Food Hall, Modern Bazaar, etc. for good quality ingredients.
If you want some quick tips on how to bake a cake perfectly, you can check out my article on Baking tips for beginners.
Tips to make Eggless Whole Wheat Strawberry Cake in microwave
To make this eggless whole wheat strawberry cake in the microwave, reduce the baking time by 25%. So, in the microwave, this cake will take only 22-25 minutes at 180*C. Everything else remains the same.
How to make Eggless Wholewheat Strawberry Cake at home
This brings me to another very important ingredient of this simple strawberry cake- yogurt! I use a normal market bought yogurt for this recipe but you can also use homemade yogurt. Just get rid of all the extra water and use only thick yogurt for this recipe.
Other Strawberry Recipes on the blog
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1+1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- ½ cup vegetable 0il
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract or Vanilla beans
- 9-10 sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup milk
- And 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pre -heat the oven to 180 degree C and line an 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl add the yogurt and sprinkle baking soda over it and set it aside to foam up.
- In a separate bowl add the flour and baking powder and whisk together.
- Whisk together castor sugar and oil in a separate bowl until pale and well combined.
- Now pour the yogurt mixture to the oil and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in the flour and mix until everything is well combined there are no large flour pockets in the batter. Do not over mix at this stage.
- Add the milk gradually. Add the lemon juice.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan and place sliced strawberries on top.
- Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes or only until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
So that was the recipe for the best eggless whole wheat strawberry cake. If you happen to make it, don’t forget to take pictures and tag me on Instagram with #Bakewithshivesh. Happy Baking!
Hey!!! super excited to try this recipe.. wanted to know if theres a whole wheat orange cake version?
I simply loved the texture of this cake. I was very skeptical while baking WWF cake but since I had tried your other recipes (I loved them absolutely, but never commented), I decided to give this a go. I dint have strawberries handy so I decided to top them with tutti fruti.. the result is very delicious, healthy and too good cake. I now don’t have to think twice before fulfilling my son’s demand. Thank you for your lovely recipes. You are the best Baker I have come across so far and I absolutely love your creations. Please guide us for breads and pav as well.
Love.. thnx again
I couldn’t believe how soft and moist the cake turned out to be given the fact it was whole wheat. This recipe deserves 10 stars. Thank you for such a wonderful recipe. I halved the recipe, reduced the sugar and used blueberries but the results were a pleasant surprise. Can’t wait to try more of your wonderful recipes.
Loved this healthier version of Eggless strawberry tea cake. Thank you so much for spoiling my diet plans every Sunday! :p
Tried this today and it’s one of the best whole wheat cakes I’ve had. Loved it!!
There’s magic in what you do. God Bless you always!!
Look forward to trying more of your recipes
Hi shivesh…thank you so much for all the delicious and super easy recipes…
Just want to know..that how much GM’s a cake would turn out..using all these proportion.. which u have mentioned for whole wheat strawberry cake?