December is definitely my favorite time of the year. The weather in Delhi is beautiful and markets are all decked up for Christmas. I’ll be leaving for London in two weeks but not before I get my share of Christmas baking here, in Delhi.
These chocolate pies are fun and festive. The flaky pie crust and the luscious chocolaty filling are a match made in heaven.
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup traditional oats
- 3 tablespoons castor sugar
- ⅓ cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 cup finely chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup crushed walnuts
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- In a food processor, combine flour, oats, sugar and cold butter. Pulse until the mixture resembles a course meal.
- Add water and mix until the dough begins to come together.
- Transfer the dough onto a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the chilled dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Line the Kitchen Aid 6-Cavity Pie Pan with removable bottoms with the dough. Bake at 180 C for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate. Add crushed walnuts and corn flour. Add to the semi- baked pie shells.
- Using star cookie cutters, cut out stars from the dough and place it on the pies.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.