Muffins are a baker’s best friend. If you’re starting off with baking and you can’t figure out what to bake, bake muffins! If you’re a professional baker and you have a sweet craving and you can’t figure out what to bake, bake muffins! Haha. And if you really have to bake some muffins, nothing can be better than these chocolate chunk muffins!
Why these muffins are called chocolate chunk muffins is because you incorporate some dark chocolate chunks into the batter that make them so much more decadent and most certainly more heavenly.
These chocolate chunk muffins are so perfect, I can’t even! The recipe is also pretty easy and straight-forward and who does not love some rich chocolate muffins with a good cup of coffee? Haha!
How to perfectly bake these easy Chocolate Chunk Muffins
Even though muffins seem super easy to bake, there are some tips you should definitely remember while baking muffins.
- Do not overmix. As a result of overmixing, your muffins will not come out as you desire them to be. To prevent the same, mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then coarsely mix them together. Above all, when you add the dark chocolate chunks, please do not overmix because you will end up ruining the chunky nature of the muffins.
- In order to transfer the batter into the mold, one should always an ice cream scooper. Due to the flowy nature of the batter, you might end up with messy molds and you most certainly don’t need that.
- Even more important is to not overfill the molds. Your muffins will flow out and come out in a disoriented shape- something you certainly do not want.
More Muffins from the Blog
I have a plethora of more delicious and decadent muffin recipes in the Bake With Shivesh book. Not only does the book have over 50 recipes, but it also has styling and photography tips. Grab your copy now!
Chocolate Chunk Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 2 + ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- Using a serrated knife, coarsely chop dark chocolate to make chunks.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder
- In the stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment beat together sugars and oil at high speed.
- Add both the eggs and beat well.
- Add milk.
- Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour mixture.
- Using a spatula, fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin trey.
- Bake at 200C for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 150C and bake for another 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.