Muffins are a baker’s best friend. If you’re starting off with baking and you can’t figure out what to bake, bake muffins! If you’re a professional baker and you have a sweet craving and you can’t figure out what to bake, bake muffins! Haha. And if you really have to bake some muffins, nothing can be better than these chocolate chunk muffins!
Why these muffins are called chocolate chunk muffins is because you incorporate some dark chocolate chunks into the batter that make them so much more decadent.
These chocolate chunk muffins are so perfect, I can’t even! The recipe is also pretty easy and straight-forward and who does not love some rich chocolate muffins with a good cup of coffee? Haha!
· 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
· 2 + 1/2 cup all purpose flour
· 1/2 cup cocoa powder
· 4 tea-spoons baking powder
· 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
· 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil
· 2 eggs, at room temperature
· 1 cup milk, at room temperature
· Using a serrated knife, coarsely chop dark chocolate to make chunks.
· In a bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
· In the stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat together sugars and oil at high speed.
· Add both the eggs and beat well.
· Add milk.
· Reduce the speed to low and mix in the flour mixture.
· Using a spatula, fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
· Scoop the batter into the muffin trey.
· Bake at 200C for 10 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 150C and bake for another 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.