I’m so thrilled to be nominated for the Outlook Social Media Awards 2016.
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted twice
- 4 tea-spoons baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp grated ginger
- 3/4 cup milk
- pulp of one custard apple
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 flaky sliced almond
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C. Prepare a 9 inch round cake tin.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar oil and eggs until the mixture is fluffy and pale.
- In a medium, combine flour, baking powder, grated ginger and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to sugar mixture in 3 batches, alternating with milk. Do not over mix. Mix only until well combined
- Fold in the chia seeds.
- Pour the cake into the tin. Evenly spread custard apple pieces/ pulp on the top.
- Top with sliced almonds. Bake at 190C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.