Lemon-blueberry is such a wonderful combination, right? My favorite dessert of this combination would be the lemon-blueberry loaf in my debut book- Bake With Shivesh ( click HERE to get your copy)
Makes 12 large muffins
Tea Infused Blueberry Muffins
- 1 tea bag berries burst from The Hillcart Tales
- 1 cup (240mL) milk
- 3 cups (360g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (6g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (2g) lemon zest
- ½ cup (113g) butter, softened
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (150g) blueberries
- cinnamon crumb topping ( optional)- ¼ cup (30g) flour + ¼ cup (50g)sugar + ¼ cup (57g) cold butter mixed together
- Add the tea back to the milk and bring it to a boil. Once the milk comes to a boil, bring it off heat and let it cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line the cupcake trey with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Alternating with tea-infused milk, add the dry ingredients into wet ingredients in three batches. Mix only until well combined. Do not over beat.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries while reserving some for the top.
- Using an ice-cream scoop transfer the batter into the cupcake tray. Top with blueberries and cinnamon crumble.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
Leave a Reply