Lemon-blueberry is such a wonderful combination, right? My favorite dessert of this combination would be the lemon-blueberry loaf in my debut book- Bake With Shivesh ( click HERE to get your copy)
Makes 12 large muffins
- 1 tea bag berries burst from The Hillcart Tales
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries
- cinnamon crumb topping ( optional)- 1/4 cup flour + 1/4 cup sugar + 1/4 cold butter mixed together
- Add the tea back to the milk and bring it to a boil. Once the milk comes to a boil, bring it off heat and let it cool.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line the cupcake trey with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Alternating with tea-infused milk, add the dry ingredients into wet ingredients in three batches. Mix only until well combined. Do not over beat.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries while reserving some for the top.
- Using an ice-cream scoop transfer the batter into the cupcake tray. Top with blueberries and cinnamon crumble.
- Bake at 180C for 30-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.