I love making tarts. They’re a total crowd pleaser, look pretty on the dessert table and can easily be shared by everyone. This no-bake tart is elegant and perfect for your Christmas dinner party. The crumbly cookie tart shell is filled with a classic fresh pastry cream. I infuse the pastry cream with lavender and Paul John BRILLIANCE single malt whisky. The infusion of this whisky is what truly makes this dessert festive.
The Demerara sugars give off a whiff of sweet fragrances, with a hint of cinnamon, dash of honey and faint spices- couldn’t get more Christmassy than this! Sweet and spice and all things nice, make this Single Malt. The honey-like smoothness is offset by the crunchy-bar-like crispness. I then finish the tart by topping it with some fresh figs that compliment the vanilla and spice notes of the whiskey so well.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- To make the base of the tart, mix melted butter and crushed digestive biscuits. Press down the mixture evenly into a 9” tart pan. Let it set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
WHISKEY LAVENDER PASTRY CREAM
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp lavender extract
- ¼ cup Paul John BRILLIANCE single malt whisky
- 1 cup whipped cream
• On medium heat, bring the milk to a boil
• In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar and egg yolks
• One the milk comes to a boil, add it to the flour mixture in three additions.
• Transfer the entire mixture back on the stove. Add lavender extract.
• Mixing vigorously, cook until the mixture becomes thick. Bring it off the heat and transfer into a bowl. Mix in the whiskey. Refrigerate to cool.
• Fold the pastry cream into the whipped cream.
• Once chilled completely, fill the tart shells using the pastry cream.
• Top with fresh figs