Watermelons are one of the very few things I love about summers. Everyone in my family loves watermelons so much that I hardly ever have any left to make dessert out of it. This time, when Tupperware sent me their beautiful Extra Chef and Freeze Mates, I made sure I have some watermelons left in the fridge so that I can make fresh watermelon sorbet.
We’re almost nearing towards the hottest months of the year and our bodies will keep on asking for constant hydration. This year, try out sorbets to keep the heat from getting to you. This watermelon sorbet is super refreshing and it also keeps you hydrated and cool!
I love trying new tools in the kitchen and this Extra Chef by Tupperware is my new favorite. It definitely makes life easier in the kitchen. It is easy to assemble and use. It is important to store the watermelon sorbet in freezer safe containers and Tupperware Freeze Mates are just perfect for this.
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups watermelon chunks, seeded
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, boil sugar and water until the sugar dissolves. Bring the saucepan off heat and let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- While the sugar mixture is resting, process watermelon chunks in Tupperware Extra Chef until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar mixture and lemon juice into the processed watermelon chunks.
- Transfer the mixture into Tupperware Freeze Mates and freeze for at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, process the sorbet in Tupperware Extra Chef again until you reach the desirable consistency. The sorbet should be easy to scoop.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Order your Tupperware products from – http://www.tupperwareindia.com/