I’ve always enjoyed Fall Baking. For me its always about apples and spices. I’ve made so many apple desserts this month and this recipe of the spiced apple tart is interesting and simple.
I think with the onset of fall, I just want to experiment with spices in my desserts. I love the warmth that they bring about and this spiced apple tart is just another one of those recipes that make you feel mushy, comfortable, and oh so warm.
I obviously will not forget to mention that this delicious spiced apple tart is super easy to assemble and to bake and of course, if you cook this tart for gatherings and events, it’ll be gone before you know it, haha!
To make it simpler for me and to avoid collecting spices differently, I got my hands on the Coconut Sugar mingled with a Quartet of Brown Spices from SPRIG. With its warming melange of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and star anise, it is perfect for any apple desserts.
If you want to try more spiced desserts, click here.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- Egg wash ( egg lightly beaten with a splash of milk)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and cut out a large circle.
- Arrange slices of apples on the puff pastry, leaving 1″border.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with coconut sugar.
- Brush the edges with egg wash.
- Bake for 20=25 minutes at 180C until the pastry is golden-brown.