This Spiced Chocolate Pot De Creme oozes decadence and richness in its very name and one bite of this dessert and you’ll know that it lives up to such expectations.
Imagine the depth of flavors like coffee and cinnamon at each bite, the bitterness balanced by the chocolate and whipped cream. This Spiced Chocolate Pot De Creme is food for the Gods and no less than that.
You can whip up this Spiced Chocolate recipe within a span of minutes and it makes the perfect classy dessert for any and all of your gatherings and occasions. Just whip it up, throw it into the freezer and you’re good to go. They also don’t go bad that easily provided you’re storing them well!
- 1 ½ cup semi-sweet cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp white granulated sugar
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings, to garnish
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, continuously whisk together milk, cream, egg yolks, espresso powder, ground cinnamon and sugar. Keep whisking and once the mixture becomes thick and coats the back of a spoon, remove from heat.
- Strain and pour the hot mixture of the finely chopped chocolate. Let it test for 2-3 minutes and then whisk well, until everything is well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into serving cups and let it set in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Before serving, top with whipped cream and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Read the recipe on FoodHallOnline.com