I think now that I have said ‘Margarita Cake’, I surely have your attention, haha!
If you guys are fond of Margaritas like I am, you would relate when I ask “Who does not like a fresh Margarita?”. With the combined freshness of lemons, orange liquor, and tequila, this Margarita cake will take you to high up to heaven, guys! Each bite of this cake shouts out summer and takes you out on a mini-vacation.
This Margarita cake is easily one of my favorites because it has my preferred liquor, is easy, effortless, and you’re done and dusted within a span of 30 minutes!
I hope you guys enjoy this Margarita cake as much as I do!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liquor
- Whipped cream, to frost
- Lightly butter a round 9-inch cake pan. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and lime zest.
- In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil and sugar for several minutes until the mixture is light and pale. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in lime juice, tequila and orange liquor.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, alternating with milk
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely. Remove the cooled cake from the tin and top with whipped cream. Garnish as needed.
Read the recipe on FoodHallOnline.com