- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cups vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liquor
- Whipped cream, to frost
- Lightly butter a round 9-inch cake pan. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and lime zest.
- In a large bowl, beat vegetable oil and sugar for several minutes until the mixture is light and pale. Beat in eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in lime juice, tequila and orange liquor.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three additions, alternating with milk
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely. Remove the cooled cake from the tin and top with whipped cream. Garnish as needed.
Read the recipe on FoodHallOnline.com HERE