- FOR THE TART
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- FOR THE FILLING-
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder. ( Sprinkle the gelatine over 6 tablespoons cold water in a medium-sized bowl and let stand 5 to 10 minutes. )
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup double cream
- ½ teaspoon rose extract
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops pink gel colour
- To make the tart, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Add the egg and beat the dough comes together.
- Press the dough down into the tart rings.
- Chill the tart rings in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- To make the filling , In a saucepan set over medium heat the milk, cream, and sugar and bring it to a simmer.
- Add the gelatine to the mixture and mix well.
- Take the pan off heat, add the pink gel colour and set aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degrees.
- Bake the prepared tarts at 180 degrees for 15-20minutes or only until the edges become golden brown.
- Once baked cool the tarts on a wiring rack before pouring the prepared filling.
- Pour the filling in the baked tarts and refrigerate over night.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and meringue kisses.