Yes, you heard it absolutely right. We are now making eggless waffles without a waffle maker! Super easy and super yum, these eggless waffles will sweep the floor from under your feet. I promise you will not even get to know about it! Since the longest time I have been craving some easy-peasy waffles which does not require me to get out that heavy waffle maker out. Plus, as a dessert blogger, I have made sure to invest in such tools. But, with this dreaded quarantine, I could not post something with a complicated tool. Right now, what is more important is that everyone bakes and everyone enjoys what they bake. While this eggless waffle recipe is fool-proof, it is also independent of the waffle maker. This happens to be the best part about these waffles and I just can’t stop obsessing!
With the lockdown just increasing and increasing, I think it is important that we invest time and efforts in good food. Food is literally that one thing that can get us excited right now. Plus, with food delivery becoming super scary, I would highly recommend you guys to stick to home-made food only. These eggless waffles are the quickest breakfast fix and it’s also heavenly and delicious. Truly, what else do you guys need?
If you do bake these, please tag me on Instagram. For more breakfast ideas, click here.
How in the world are we making these eggless waffles?
These delicious eggless waffles are made on a griller! One of those toaster griller machines that I believe all of you have. You need to pour your desired amount onto the the griller. I have taken about 1/4 cup of my thick batter and poured it in the centre of the griller. Also, I have ensured that I butter up my griller before pouring the batter onto it. The steps are basic- pour the batter, let cook for five minutes, flip the waffle in any fashion you’d like. I have made a checkered pattern and so, I turned my waffle by a 90 degree so it has both Straight and horizontal lines. You can also do this on a griller pan. The design might just be compromised upon. Otherwise, you will get the perfect eggless waffles- super crispy and super yum.
Tips for the perfect Eggless waffles
When wishing to try some new and exciting recipes like these, one needs to know a few tips to get them perfect! These eggless waffles are super easy but even then, I’d like to share some basic tips to keep you form making mistakes.
1. Use room temperature milk or even warm milk and not cold milk fresh from the fridge.
2. Please give time to buttermilk to form. Buttermilk is the combination between milk and lemon which gives a curdly solution. This helps in tenderising any dessert, making it soft and spongey.
3. Mix the wet ingredients very well. Don’t compromise on the mixing.
4. Baking powder should be 4 tsp. Do not try to make these waffles with a lesser quantity. Baking powder helps these griller eggless waffles have a waffle-y taste and that extra crunch too.
5. The water we add in the end has to be extra hot!
6. Don’t forget to grease the griller or the waffle maker before pouring the batter in.
7. Don’t pester the waffles while they cook. Give them time to come out perfect.
Eggless waffles recipe
- Milk 1+1/2 cup
- Lemon juice 2 Tbsp
- Melted Butter ¼ cup+2 tbsp
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- All purpose flour/maida 2 cups
- Baking powder 4 tsp
- Cinnamon powder 1 Tsp ( add less if you’re not a fan or skip completely)
- Sugar ¼ cup
- Hot water ⅓ cup
- Mix the milk and lemon juice. Allow it to 10 minutes form buttermilk.
- When the mixture has curdled, add in the butter and vanilla. Mix well and keep it aside,
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- When they have mixed to form a thick mixture, make sure to add hot water and mix well.
- Butter up your griller or waffle-maker and allow it to heat a little.
- Pour in your batter and allow it to cook for five minutes.
- After five minutes, turn the waffle by 90 degree to have a checkered pattern.
- Serve with any topping of your preference.
Big fan of ur recipes.. they r super simple n come out perfectly when followed correctly..
Made waffles for the first time n they turned out awesome.. thank u
can i use rice bran oil here?
Emily H says
The recipe’s name is ‘Eggless Waffles WITHOUT WAFFLE MAKER’, and then in the recipe it says you need a waffle maker to make it???
that’s a griller used for sandwiches! it’s quite commonly found in Indian households compared to a waffle maker