I love waffles! Who doesn’t? The American breakfast staple has taken the Indian food industry by storm! Fresh fruits, whipped cream, honey or maple syrup, there’s numerous toppings you can enjoy your waffles with. I particularly enjoy them with a cherry topping! This easy to put together recipe will help you make the perfect waffles at home. And they’re even better with the cherry topping! You would not believe how easy this waffles recipe is, give it a try!
• 2 cups maida (all purpose flour)
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Zest of one orange
• 4 tbsp castor sugar
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 1 +1/2 cup milk
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 8-10 Delmonte cherries, drained and chopped
• 2 tbsp sugar
- 8-10 Delmonte cherries, to top
- 1/2 cup sugar
• Heat the waffle iron
• Combine flour, baking powder, orange zest and sugar.
• In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, oil and vanilla.
• Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Fold in the chopped Delmonte cherries.
• Pour mixture in hot waffle iron and let cook until both sides are golden brown.
• Meanwhile, in a sauce pan, cook the cherries and sugar until it starts to become juicy.
• Pour the fruit on the cooked waffles.