Muffins have recently become my favorite thing to bake. They don’t take up too much time and the end result is absolutely delicious. You could eat them for breakfast or with tea in the afternoon or for dessert. These almond strawberry muffins are my favorite. You know I love both almonds and strawberries. The almond flakes add a great texture to the muffins. And oh! the strawberries! I just love how they bake and how fragrant they become. Don’t you? Have you tried my strawberry cream cake yet? If you love that, I’m sure you will love these almond-strawberry muffins as well.
I created this recipe for Olive Tree Trading using their almond milk, which I absolutely love. I use vegetable oil in this recipe because it gives the muffins a moist texture. You can also use equal quantity of butter in the recipe. While you’re combining the dry ingredients with wet ingredients, make sure to not over mix. Over mixing will result in dense and tough muffins. Use a spatula to carefully fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix only until you see no flour pockets.
Let’s get started! This recipe makes 12 muffins.
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 + ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup almond flakes
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Line a muffin mould with paper liners
- In a large bowl, combine oil, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg and beat well. Mix in the almond milk.
- Add flour and baking powder to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix- mix only until well combined.
- Carefully fold in the strawberries
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop equal amount of batter into the moulds. Sprinkle the almond flakes on top
- Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.