Is it too obvious that I am OBSESSED with chia recipes?
You can search for ‘chia’ in the search toolbar and more than 10 recipes will simply pop up, haha.
This Vanilla Chia Loaf Cake is no less of a surprise. It crumbles in the mouth and the texture is as smooth as silk. I instantly fell in love with it.
For days when you want to be innovative yet want to run safe, this vanilla chia loaf cake topped with white ganache is your best shot! This way, you can stick to the simplest of all- vanilla cake and yet bring about a twist in the entire dish. I love such recipes, the ones that can so easily be elevated to another level with such little efforts. I feel super content at the end of it.
I hope you guys like this recipe. Let me know about your thoughts in the comments!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs/ 1 cup yogurt
- beans from one vanilla pod/ 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Butter a loaf pan and preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat oil with sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix well.
- Alternate flour mixture and milk into to the wet ingredients. Do not over-mix. Mix only until well combined. Fold in the chia seeds.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Once cooled, top with white chocolate ganache.
WHITE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- 200gm white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- Heat the cream in a saucepan and bring it to a simmer.
- Pour the hot cream over roughly chopped chocolate. Let it sit for 2 minutes and then mix until everything is combined.