The recipe name of Tahini cookies might make you tilt your head about the curious explosion of flavors in your mouth at each bite.
These Tahini Cookies are cooked to a perfect crunch on the outside and are super chewy from the inside. The combination of sesame and chocolate has never tasted better- I guarantee you that. These Tahini Cookies are also super healthy. You can plop two of these in your kids’ lunchboxes and your concern about a healthy dessert is taken care of! Sesame seeds are also known to be rich in fiber, iron, and calcium, which are good for your bones and also boost energy levels!
Once you make a batch of these amazing Tahini Cookies, I assure you, they’ll become your favorite cookie recipe in no time!
- ¼ cup all-natural tahini
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 vanilla pod bean
- 2½ tbsp flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- Sea salt, to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Line a baking trey with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat tahini and butter on medium speed. Add the brown sugar and beat well, until fluffy.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix only until well combined. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Make 6 scoops of dough on the cookie sheet, and sprinkle each cookie with sesame seeds and sea salt. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Let cool on sheet pan for 10 minutes before lifting.
- Serve with milk or at tea time.
Read the recipe on FoodHallOnline.com