It’s December! My favourite time of the year because I don’t need excuses to bake- it’s Christmas month! I am always on a hunt for recipes that will be liked by everyone at home. It’s so hard to please everyone but here is a secret- chocolate does the trick! Especially when it is in cookies. I decided to take chocolate chunk cookies to the next level by making them S’mores! To make them even better, I added my favourite organic sugar from 24 Mantra Organic.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1+1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup marshmallows
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and organic sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add marshmallows and chocolate chunks. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a baking tray lined with baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Pre heat your oven to 170C.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes..