Here is another recipe for the famous and the delicious pineapple upside-down cake, but there is a little but a very important twist- it’s made with canola oil.
Why canola oil, you ask me? Because canola oil contains high levels of heart-healthy monosaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol and helps control blood sugar level. Any dessert with such an amazing twist of ingredients which are super healthy- you have got to love it and also love this utterly delicious pineapple upside-down cake!
I have heard complains about this cake that the pineapple upside-down cake seems difficult to make and includes a lot of effort. However, this is a very common myth. If you follow your recipe religiously, nothing goes wrong and you’ll end up figuring out that this cake is very fancy but the efforts aren’t!
I hope you guys love this healthy twist on the pineapple upside-down cake!
Recipe originally from https://www.canolainfo.org/recipes/pineapple-upside-down-cake. Brought to you in association with https://www.canolainfo.org/
- canola oil to brush the pan
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 7 pineapple rings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180c . Generously brush the bottom of 9-inch cake pan with canola oil. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, then arrange pineapple rings on top in one layer.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. In another medium bowl, whisk together milk, canola oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter over pineapple-brown sugar mixture and bake until top is lightly browned and wooden skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean, 40-50 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then run knife around cake edges and, using oven mitts, invert cake onto large serving plate.
Barabara Heidkamp says
After examine a number of of the weblog posts in your website now, and I actually like your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website checklist and can be checking again soon. Pls try my site as nicely and let me know what you think.
James Riggles says
Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time! Its just incredible how much you can take away from something simply because of how visually beautiful it is. Youve put together a great blog space –great graphics, videos, layout. This is definitely a must-see blog!