Just two days before I fly to California to celebrate Christmas and I haven’t even started packing. With so much to do and such little time on my hands, I’m literally running around these days haha. I also have a very exciting announcement to make! I spent the day shooting a Christmas video for you guys! I can’t wait to share it with you on 19th before I leave. Meanwhile, make these festive cookies, which I think make for a perfect Christmas gift!
I think that these festive cookies will be a blessing for you guys this festive season. They are super easy to make and easier to decorate. Honestly, what else do we even want?
You will especially love this recipe of festive cookies if you are a cookie lover. They’re not very sweet and you can decorate them as per your own liking!
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
• 1 egg, at room temperature
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1+1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp cornstarch/ corn flour
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
• 1/4 cup crushed gems
• 1/4 cup mini pretzels
• few white chocolate chips
• Pre heat your oven to 170C
• Beat butter and the sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy
• Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
• In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and corn flour.
• Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
• Fold in the dark chocolate chunks into the cookie dough.
• Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a baking tray lined with baking sheet.
• Bake the cookies for 5 minutes or until flat.
• Take them out of the oven and sprinkle with crushed gems, white chocolate chips and mini pretzels
• Bake again for about 5-7 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
• After taking the cookies out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes.