This is my favorite time of the year! I’ll be celebrating Christmas in California this year and I can’t be more excited! My exams got over this week and I have so many brand assignments piled up (so excited to share the details with you guys) but I just had to take out time for some Christmas baking and this Orange Winter Cake is especially for you guyss!
This (eggless) orange winter cake is so pretty and winter-y that I think it makes for the perfect center piece on your Christmas dessert table.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 4 tea-spoons baking powder
- 1 tea-spoon cinnamon
- zest of one orange
- 1 + 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup curd (yoghurt)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- Lightly brush your cake pan with oil/ butter and dust with all-purpose flour. Line with parchment paper. Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, orange zest, cinnamon, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add curd and beat well.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, alternating with orange juice. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 180C until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. This will take about 30-40 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled completely, cover it with melted white chocolate. Dust with coconut flakes.
- Pipe the melted dark chocolate to make Christmas trees on a parchment paper. Let them cool and become firm. Place them on the cake.
Love the recipe and just how simple it is, just a quick question could I replace the yoghurt with an egg (I know, it does defeat the eggless part :P).
Thanks so much! yes you can 😀