I had to start my day with a visit to the doctor. My throat has been hurting very badly for a couple of days and it turns out I have a terrible throat infection. This is particularly stressful because I have to fly to Bombay in a couple of days for my talk at the prestigious XIC. To make myself feel better, I decided to treat myself to a batch of eggless peanut butter cookies, that are so delish!
These eggless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips are-
- easy to make
- crisp on the edges
These eggless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips are the best thing to happen in my kitchen for a while now. They’re so delicious and easy to bake. The cookie dough comes together in no time. The only patience testing part of making these eggless peanut butter cookies is the resting period. I rested my dough in the refrigerator overnight. I suggest you let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Please don’t skip this step otherwise the cookies will spread too much in the oven.The chocolate chips and sea salt make these eggless peanut butter cookies so great! I use callabuet chocolate in the cookies.
How to make peanut butter cookies without eggs
You won’t believe that these cookies are eggless. This recipe does not call for any substitute for eggs like condensed milk or flax seeds. The dough comes together beautifully and bakes really well even without no eggs in the dough. How cool is that!!
Eggless peanut butter cookies ingredients
Basic, as always! This recipe calls for some very basic ingredients that are very easily available. I use creamy peanut butter for these cookies. If you like, you can also use crunchy peanut butter. The recipe also calls for corn flour and that is what makes these cookies chewy. If you like crunchy cookies more, you can simply skip the corn flour. Besides that, you need both brown and white sugar to make these eggless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips.
I recommend using both brown and white sugar for these eggless peanut butter cookies. However, if you can’t get your hands on brown sugar, you can go ahead and use 1 cup castor sugar.
More eggless recipes-
Baking Eggless Peanut Butter Cookies with chocolate chips
Bake the cookies only until the edges of the cookies are golden-brown. They might look un-done from the center but the cookies will continue to cook once you take them out of the oven. Once you pull the cookies out of the oven, let the rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes before you lift them. The cookies will be too delicate while they’re hot. It is important for them to let the cookies cool down before you lift them. As the cookies cool down, the butter in them becomes firm and the cookies hold shape.
If you bake these eggless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips, don’t forget to share a picture with me on my Instagram by using #BakeWithShivesh
- ½ cup (113g) butter, softened
- ½ cup (100g) castor sugar
- ½ cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 (5mL) teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (135g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 + ¼ cup (150g) all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon (12g) corn flour
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- ¼ cup (60mL) milk
- ½ cup (88g) chocolate chunks
- sea salt, to top
- In a large bowl, beat butter with brown and castor sugar on high speed. Beat well for 5 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and the peanut butter. Mix well.
- Turn the mixer to low speed and add flour, corn flour and baking soda. The dough will be extremely thick and dry at this stage.
- Add the milk and beat until the dough comes together.
- Pop the dough into the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper/ silicon mat, scoop the cookie dough in equal sized balls.
- Use your fingers to gently press the dough balls to flaten them a little. Top with chocolate chips
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes-only until the edges are golden-brown. Top them with sea salt
- Let the eggless peanut butter cookies sit on the baking tray for another 10 minutes before you lift them.