I love the Internet. This is a solid fact. I love the internet- I breathe and I earn off of it. People are endlessly creative and this fills me with this crazy adrenaline and makes me want to try so many things! The coffee bean cookie trend has recently hit the internet and boy, am I all about it. The one thing about these cookies are that they are eggless coffee bean cookies. These cookies have the simplest and most easily available ingredients! Honestly, how much cooler can any recipe get? I uploaded the above video on my Youtube channel yesterday and I already have endless recreations. Have I told you how much I love you guys?
Now, talking about these eggless coffee bean cookies, I love the flavour of coffee in them. On an honest note, I am not a die hard coffee lover. But, when and if you give me coffee in a dessert- no body can stop me from DEVOURING it. I have the same feelings about my uber delicious Eggless Coffee Cake. If you are someone with endless inhibitions about eggless recipes, trust me- they do not let you down as much as you think they do. Especially these Eggless coffee bean cookies which have only five ingredients and don’t use baking powder or baking soda!
Ingredients of these Eggless coffee bean cookies
Sure, the ingredients are super-duper basic but you need to take a little bit of caution with them- and you are good to go! Plus, since these Eggless coffee bean cookies use absolutely no leavening agent, you can use some tips!
Of course in Eggless coffee bean cookies, the main ingredient is coffee! The coffee has to be submerged in water and allowed to sit for sometime so your recipe can have that rich and exotic coffee flavor! Don’t miss out on this step as it is super crucial for the final flavor.
Remember that the water that you are using is hot and not lukewarm. Using hot water allows the coffee flavor to really come out. This is ideal for your Eggless coffee bean cookies!
Softened butter is important. Please do not use cold and hardened butter for any of your desserts unless specifically mentioned otherwise. If you are in a hurry and you wish to quickly whip up these gorgeous Eggless coffee bean cookies, just micro your butter for a couple of seconds. However, be cautious that you do not melt it.
There is a lot of difference between powdered sugar and icing sugar. Icing sugar is recommended because it has a certain quantity of corn flour which acts as a binding and stabilising agent. You will end up getting the best results with icing sugar for these Eggless coffee bean cookies! Know more about different types of sugar.
There is nothing complicated about maida here. Sieving is also an option!
The cocoa powder
It is best to use unsweetened and dark cocoa powder for these delicious coffee bean cookies!
The brands I prefer for these eggless coffee bean cookies
- Coffee- you can use Nescafe, Bru, and/or Davidoff
- The milk- using toned milk is the best option for these cookies.
- Butter- I always, undoubtedly prefer Amul butter
- Sugar- I have used Solar’s icing sugar. You can use Weikfield as well!
- Cocoa powder- Hershey’s is by far the best brand of cocoa powder.
Making coffee bean cookies on kadhai
If you don’t have an oven, you can cook these cookies on the stove-
Fill a khadai with salt
Place a wire rack, and then a plate on it
Close the lid and Pre heat the Kadhai for 10 minutes
After 10 minutes, take the lid off and place the cookies on the plate
Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes!
Eggless coffee bean cookies Recipe
- ¼ cup (60ml) hot water
- 2 tsp (8gms) coffee powder
- ¾ cup (160gms) salted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (65gms) icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup (125gms) maida ( you can also use whole wheat flour)
- 1 tbsp (14gms) corn flour (optional)
- ¼ cup (30gms) cocoa powder
- Submerge coffee in water and allow to sit for some time.
- Take butter and sugar in a bowl and mix together until very well combined.
- Add the coffee mixture and mix.
- Add the flour, corn flour, and the cocoa powder.
- Combine everything well and form a dough.
- Allow to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After refrigeration, make equal sized cookie balls and shape into an oval shape.
- Place the cookie balls on your baking tray and make a gentle cut in the middle using the back of a butter knife.
- Bake at 180C for only 8-10 min. Let the cookies rest on the baking try for 10 minutes after baking
If you do make these cookies, please tag me on instagram!