Christmas is still more than a month away but I’m already excited. It is the best time of the year and for me, it’s all about Christmas baking. Guess what? I’ve already started! If you’ve started planning your christmas baking as well, I’ve got the best recipe for you- thumbprint cookies! Who doesn’t love these simple to make but fancy looking cookies. I fill them with organic jam from 24 Mantra Organic and voila! Beautiful, festive delicious cookies that are perfect for Chritmas.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 large egg
- Organic strawberry jam, to fill
- Melted white chocolate, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and the sugar, until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until just combined.
- Combine dry ingredients and wet ingredients.
- Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Make a thumb impression in the centre of each ball. Fill the impression with organic strawberry jam.
- Bake for about 15 minutes at 180C or until they become golden brown.