The idea of pears as desserts in your mind might be amusing but mix them with some ginger, honey, cinnamon, and orange, and create these delightful roasted spiced pears- a recipe you are going to fall in love with!
These roasted spiced pears are easy, effortless, time-saving, and even gluten-free. It is something you can create for a family night or a fancy party at your place and also the dessert that you can cuddle with on cold wintery or monsoon nights.
For this recipe of roasted spiced pears, you can go ahead with any type of pears and you can also choose between leaving the peel on or taking it off. I love to have them with a generous amount of vanilla bean ice cream and together, they take me to my own heaven!
More Pear Recipes: Pear and Cranberry Galette, Apple and Pear Puff Pastry Tarts, Poached Pear Custard Tart, Pear and Almond Upside Down Cake, Eggless Pear and Blueberry Cake, Apple-Pear Quinoa Crisp, Chocolate Pear Loaf Cake, Fig Pear Loaf Cake.
- 4 large pears, halved, peeled, cored
- 4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 star anise
- 4-5 thin slices of orange peel
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 100 ̊C
- Place the pears in a baking dish.
- Combine honey, pepper, cinnamon powder and ginger powder in a bowl. Pour over the pears. Sprinkle brown sugar on the pears.
- Place orange peels and star anise in the baking dish
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake for 30 minutes at 100 ̊C
- Remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the pears are tender.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Leave a Reply