Be it summer, be it winters or any other weather; I crave for desserts and the timing is mostly wrong!
When I do not have much time or when I am impatient or when I just do not want to wait in front of my
oven for the dessert to come and then cool down and just want something homely, fresh and most
importantly quick! These microwave vanilla cupcakes comes handy in times like such; they take 1 and a
half minute to cook and the prep time is max 5 minutes! I know right, that’s like a dessert made under
These microwave vanilla cupcakes are ultra-fluffy and it is a surprise that they are perfect for a small
mid-night birthday treat to someone special or even a great mid-night dessert for you! These microwave
vanilla cupcakes are so quick, super low effort and soooo delicious! It is funny how they just require a
microwave and are out in 1 and a half minute and yet so flavorful and soft like the ones made by an
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE MICROWAVE VANILLA CUPCAKES
1. THE FAT- I am using vegetable oil instead of butter here. I feel oil-based desserts are much
lighter in texture and have a fluffier sponge. Moreover, when they are kept in the fridge; the
butter generally hardens and thus the cupcake also hardens but even after keeping the oil-based
cupcake in fridge for several hours, the crumb is nice, soft and moist.
2. THE SUGAR- I am using super fine sugar AKA caster sugar in the recipe. I would advise you to use
the same and not the granulated sugar or brown sugar for these microwave vanilla cupcakes.
3. YOGURT- yogurt is very important in this microwave vanilla cupcakes recipe as it gives the
structure to them and also makes them eggless. I am using home-made yogurt here, but if you
want you can also use store-bought one. If your yogurt has water in it, remove it and take the
thick part for the microwave vanilla cupcakes. The action which takes place when I add yogurt
and baking soda together which then bubbles up making the whole batter fluffier and soft.
4. VANILLA EXTRACT- Because we are making microwave vanilla cupcakes, I use the best quality
sprig vanilla extract in it. I recommend you to use a good quality vanilla extract and not an
5. THE DRY INGREDIENTS- For my dry ingredients, I am using all-purpose flour, baking soda and
baking powder. Whenever I am making an eggless dessert like these microwave vanilla
cupcakes, I make sure I sift in my dry ingredients into the wet ones to incorporate air and to
break any lumps if there are.
HOW TO MAKE THESE MICROWAVE VANILLA CUPCAKES IN AN OVEN
If you have an oven and you want to make these vanilla cupcakes into an oven, you surely can! I am so
glad to share the recipe of these vanilla cupcakes which can be made both in a microwave and an oven
and the results both ways are similar to one another!
To make them in the oven, after dividing them in the cupcake liners; pre-heat your oven at 180*C for 5-
10 minutes and bake these vanilla cupcakes for 15-18 minutes or until the skewer inserted comes clean.
FROSTING FOR THESE MICROWAVE VANILLA CUPCAKES
I have made a vanilla butter cream frosting for my microwave vanilla cupcakes and sprinkled some
confetti birthday sprinkles!
To make the vanilla butter cream frosting-
1. In a big bowl, add ½ cup of softened butter and beat it with an electric hand blender on high
speed till it gets light and fluffy.
2. Add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract into it and keep beating.
3. Sift in 1 cup of icing sugar separately in a bowl and add ¼ cup of it at a time in the butter and
4. Keep adding the icing sugar till all gets finished and scrape the sides of the bowl using a spatula.
Give it one last beating and put it in the fridge for 1-2 hours, until its set and good to be piped.
5. Add your favorite nozzle and pipe it over your cooled microwave vanilla cupcakes.
TIPS TO MAKE THESE MICROWAVE VANILLA CUPCAKES
Make sure you wait for 5 minutes after adding baking soda over yogurt so it foams up properly
and then add other ingredients.
For better flavor, a pinch of salt can be added with the dry ingredients.
Do not over-mix your vanilla cupcake batter.
Use an ice-cream scoop to fill the cupcake liners till ½ as to give it a flat top.
My microwave vanilla cupcakes gets ready in 1 + ½ minute, yours can be done in less or more
time as all microwaves behave differently and the cooking also depends on how many cupcakes
you are making in one go; so keep an eye on your microwave vanilla cupcakes while they are
OTHER SIMILAR RECIPES ON THE BLOG:
Eggless Microwave Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 1 + ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, add yogurt and baking soda. Mix it with a spoon and keep it side till it foams up.
- Add caster sugar, oil and vanilla extract into it and give it a good mix.
- Keep a sieve over it and sift flour and baking powder. Mix it all until it is combined properly.
- Take the microwave safe cupcake moulds and line them. Keep them over a microwave safe plate
- and add the batter with the help of an ice-cream scoop, filling till ½ of the cupcake liner.
- Cook it for 1 ½ minute in the microwave on the normal heating mode and let them cool
- To make the vanilla butter cream frosting, simply add the softened butter in a bowl and whip it
- properly with an electric blender.
- Add the vanilla extract and whisk it again.
- Add ¼ cup of sieved icing sugar at a time and blend it using an electric blender. Add the icing
- sugar, until all is finished.
- Contact wrap the bowl of vanilla butter cream frosting and chill it for 1-2 hours.
- Put the vanilla butter cream into the piping bag with your favorite nozzle and pipe it over the
- cooled microwave vanilla cupcakes and decorate it with sprinkles. Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe and make it in your kitchen, do share pictures with me by tagging me
on instagram using #bakewithshivesh