It seems like summers are full-fledged in Delhi and I can not wait to start experimenting with and whipping up exotic summer desserts with the endless varieties of summer fruits- from mangoes to grapes to fresh berries! In today’s blog post as well, I have the best summery dessert for you guys- eggless lemon cupcakes! What’s fun is that this recipe is from my Book!
Now, the difference between these eggless lemon cupcakes from the book and the eggless lemon cupcake recipe already on the blog is that while these cupcakes are made from flax seeds, the one on the blog is made with greek yogurt. The beauty of substituting eggs with flax seeds is that, when mixed with water, it gives a consistency exactly like that of an egg white which helps the cake in all the ways an egg does! These eggless lemon cupcakes are amazing for summers. They are light and fluffy and when topped with cream cheese, they look very pretty. Not only this, these cupcakes, moreover, are very easy and effortless to whip up. They don’t consume much time either. Because of the same, you can also make these eggless lemon cupcakes for parties and events! These cupcakes are also frosted with my favorite cream cheese frosting!
Perfect Lemon Cupcakes
I would go ahead and call these eggless lemon cupcakes absolutely perfect because, well, they are eggless, they are delicious, they do not require any complex ingredients, and they are done and frosted within a span of only 30 minutes!
To get your cupcakes perfect (more perfect, haha), I would also like to suggest some tips. I assure you, you will fall in love with baking cupcakes once you realize how easy they are!
- Always remember to use room temperature ingredients.
- Use an ice cream scooper to get the perfect quantity of the batter in the cupcake liners.
- Do not push two cupcake trays into your oven. Put one batch of your cupcakes in the center of the oven for even and uniform baking.
- Never forget to pre-heat your oven.
- To test whether your cupcakes are done or not, you can always use a toothpick. However, when you think your cupcakes are evenly baked, you can push the center with your finger. If it bounces back, they’re completely baked. (Only try this with cupcakes that have cooled down a bit).
Why Flax Seeds?
According to my observations, most Vegan bakers use flaxseed as an appropriate substitute for egg. Because of the high fatty acid content, flax seeds are very well capable to not only substitute eggs but also substitute butter and vegetable oil. In this recipe of the eggless lemon cupcakes, I have mixed flax seeds with water to form a slurry resembling the consistency of an egg white. This process of using flaxseeds is highly useful where moistness is a desired quality in the desert. Flax seeds are also very rich in nutrients, contain high-quality protein, lower blood pressure, and help in reducing cancer risk!
More Cupcakes from the blog
Eggless Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a cupcake tray with liners.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseeds and water. Mix well and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat oil and sugar until the mixture is pale. Beat in the flaxseed mixture and the lemon juice. Whisk in the milk.
- Sift in the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt into the wet ingredients. Using a spatula, mix the batter until it is smooth and lump-free. Mix in the lemon zest.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, transfer the batter into the cupcake cavities, filling almost to the top.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 25-30 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool.
- Frost withCream Cheese