This period of the year is the best period to utilize the most delicious fruits that you will get all year round for your desserts and these are mangoes and strawberries. Their colors, their flavors, their textures combined together are the best combination and taking inspiration from this, I created the simplest, the easiest, and the most delicious of mango-strawberry shortcakes!
I have seen that most of the people around me resort to refreshing desserts during the summers. Nobody wants something heavy or something too decadent or something that makes their body warm and uneasy. And this is why I know that you guys are going to love these mango-strawberry shortcakes. Not only are mangoes and strawberries rich in Vitamin C, but they are also full of antioxidants and help in keeping your body hydrated. And I see no reason why someone would not try combining the deliciousness of these fruits together along with some fresh whipped cream, which is exactly what I have created with these mango-strawberry shortcakes. Plus these are eggless and according to me, the best way to bid adieu to my favourite fruit- strawberries (insert sad emoji).
How to get Perfect Shortcakes
I want to request all of you to not get scared of extra work and stress when you heart ‘shortcakes’. The process that I have used for making these indulgent mango-strawberry shortcakes is very forgiving and it will do you and your taste buds really good!
The secret to getting the perfect shortcakes is evidently the dough. But, I have some small little tricks and tips to ensure you get the best out of these mango and strawberry shortcakes!
- Please try to stick to the current measurement for each and every ingredient.
- Getting the mixture for the shortcakes is fun and all until you’re over kneading the ingredients and converting this recipe into a disaster. Take it easy. Some bumps here or there are fine.
- Do not forget to use an ice-cream scooper for the best results and also do not forget to maintain the distance between the dough balls on the tray.
Traditional Shortcake recipe
This recipe of mango-strawberry shortcakes is the most basic and the most traditional shortcake recipe ever. If you’d like to go more traditional, you can knead the flour with your bare hands but it all depends on your expertise with flour and kneading.
The fruits for these mango-strawberry shortcakes do not need much preparation- just a generous garnish of sugar to bring out the citrus and sweet flavor of the fruits. You can also go ahead with some fresh honey or maple syrup, all according to whatever pleases your taste buds! Like I have said before and said, again and again, baking is about being experimental and being open to new things and new experiences. With this heavenly recipe of the mango and strawberry shortcakes, trust me, you’ll end up pleasing your senses and the Baking Gods up there.
More refreshing summer recipes from the Blog
Since I have already mentioned about the freshness of these mango-strawberry shortcakes during summers, why don’t you guys go ahead and give the following summer-y recipes a go?
Mango-Strawberry Shortcakes Recipe
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1 + 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons castor sugar
- 1 cup mango
- 1 cup strawberry
- 1 cup sweetened heavy cream whipped to soft peaks
- Beans from one vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 200* C
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and castor sugar.
- Add 1 + ½ cup whipping cream. Mix well until everything is well combined. The dough will be wet and sticky.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough into balls, 1 inch apart, on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 200*C for 15-20 minutes until they’re golden-brown.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 6 tablespoons of sugar over the diced strawberries and mangoes and let it rest for 15 minutes until they become juicy.
- To assemble the cakes, place a generous amount of strawberries and mango mixture on the shortcakes.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.