When thinking about cakes, no one would think of incorporating any vegetables in. So, while carrots seem to be an odd idea, zucchinis become the scariest of ideas. But, trust me when I say this, this Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake is so yummy! It is 100 percent vegan, healthy, and so light that you will keep on gorging it guilt-less!
You guys know that I am always experimenting with my desserts. I feel that the entire dessert world is loaded with chocolate cakes and plain cakes, chocolate brownies, plain muffins, and whatnot. While this is go-to deliciousness, I think that a little fun and experimenting with my desserts is harmless. Plus, it is an exhilarating experience to whisk something completely unique and out of the box like this healthy chocolate zucchini cake and watch it rise to an unthinkable level of deliciousness.
Tips to get your Healthy Chocolate Zucchini cake right
Now, this healthy chocolate zucchini cake does not require a lot of caution. Just remember to wash your zucchinis properly, peel them cleanly, and grate them finely.
Also, keep the following in mind:
- Always remember to pre-heat your oven
- For smooth baking, always keep your ingredients and utensils ready
- Ensure all your ingredients are at room temperature unless specified otherwise
In case you are a beginner at baking, you can always check out the Baking tips for beginners article on the blog to know and understand concepts better.
How to bake this healthy chocolate zucchini cake in the microwave
All you have to do while baking this cake in the convection microwave is to reduce the baking time by 25%. So in the microwave, this will only take about 15 minutes at 180*C. Everything else remains the same.
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe
- 2 (240g) cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup (75g) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (120mL) vegetable oil
- 1 ½ (300g) cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water + 2 tablespoons of coffee
- 3 cups (450g) grated zucchini
- 1 cup (200g) firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons (30mL) oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons (45-60mL) maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon (3mL) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Pre heat the oven at 180C and line a 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking soda and keep aside
- In a separate bowl beat the brown sugar and oil until pale.
- Add the coffee to the sugar and oil mix and mix well
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add the zucchini to the batter and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- To make the frosting add the tofu in a glass bowl and beat it with a hand mixer.
- Add the oil to the tofu.
- Add vanilla and maple syrup mix well.
- Process the tofu in the food processor.
- Finally add the lemon zest.
More healthy recipes from the blog
If you try this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on instagram!