It’s my pleasure to tell you all that I will be partnering with 24 Mantra Organic for a very noble cause of promoting Organic as a way of life. 24 Mantra Organic is a company which believes in organic farming practices without the use of harmful pesticides. Now some of you might be thinking to yourself, why should I bother about organic and how does it matter to me?
Well here are a few reasons for you to consider the use of organic products.
- Organic Protects the environment – Opting for an organic product helps promote a toxic free environment for us all.
- Organic tastes better – It really does! There is a noticeable difference in taste of organic products.
- Organic Cooks better – The time it takes to cook organic products is lesser and the you can also see a difference in the smell or aroma of the ingredients.
- Organic is healthier – When you choose organic you basically choose not to inject your body with the pesticides and harmful chemicals, this is definitely a healthier option when c
- compared to non-organic produce.
I am the kind who is always excited to experiment with new ingredients. When I got hold of these organic products, I was sure that I want to make something that is relatively healthier but also delicious at the same time. These chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches are divine, to say the least. What I love the most about it is the fact that I made them using organic whole wheat flour. It is so easy to make these short bread cookies- just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes prep is all you need. I like to make a bigger batch and store it in my freezer so that I have access to them all the time ha ha. But what is a cookie sandwich without a delicious filling? I saved up on time here and smeared the cookies with a LOT of creamy peanut butter from 24 Mantra Organic.
You have to make these!
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 small jar of peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and organic sugar on medium-high until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually fold in the flour mixture until just combined and a dough forms.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll the dough out. With a 2-inch cookie cutter,cut the dough into circles.
- Form pairs of the dough circles, and using the bottom part of a piping bag, make smaller circles on one cookie of each pair. This step in optional.
- Refrigerate on the baking sheets for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 200C. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, generously spread peanut butter on them and make sandwiches.