These chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches are divine, to say the least. What I love the most about them is the fact that I made them using organic wheat flour. It is so easy to make these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches- a few simple ingredients and a few minutes preparation are all you need for a tray full of delicious goodies.
I like to make a bigger batch of these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches and store it in my freezer so that I have access to them all the time haha. But what is a cookie sandwich without a delicious filling? I saved up on time here and smeared the cookies with a LOT of creamy peanut butter which took these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches to another level altogether.
You have to make these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches and know that these are as amazing as I am telling them to be.
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 small jar of peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and organic sugar on medium-high until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually fold in the flour mixture until just combined and a dough forms.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll the dough out. With a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles.
- Form pairs of the dough circles, and using the bottom part of a piping bag, make smaller circles on one cookie of each pair. This step in optional.
- Refrigerate on the baking sheets for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 200C. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, generously spread peanut butter on them and make sandwiches.