These chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches are divine, to say the least. What I love the most about them is the fact that I made them using organic wheat flour. It is so easy to make these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches – a few simple ingredients and a few minutes preparation are all you need for a tray full of delicious goodies.
I like to make a bigger batch of these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches and store it in my freezer so that I have access to them all the time haha. But what is a cookie sandwich without a delicious filling? Also, I saved up on time here and smeared the cookies with a LOT of creamy peanut butter which took these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches to another level altogether.
How to bake Cookies perfectly
You guys do understand that to get this recipe of chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches right, you need to bake the perfect chocolate cookies.
Your peanut butter cookie sandwiches need to be soft and need to melt in your mouth adequately to give off the perfect decadence that you expected these to have.
And just like your next door baker-blogger, I have just the tips for you to bake your cookies up to perfection!
Follow these super easy tips to get your cookies right and trust me, you will not have a single complaint.
Benefits of using healthy ingredients in your Desserts
In this recipe, I have used organic sugar and whole wheat flour. Organic sugar, as compared to your normal white sugar, is less processed and due to that, it also has a higher nutrient quality. It also has assured lower levels of pesticides. Moreover, using whole wheat flour over the all-purpose flour is always very healthy idea because the former is easier for the body to digest and it also has more nutritional benefits.
There are dozens of healthy recipes on the blog that you can try and also a lot of delicious whole-wheat desserts that will win your heart and your stomach over!
You have to make these chocolate peanut butter cookie sandwiches and know that these are as amazing as I am telling them to be.
If you guys end up baking any recipe from my blog, please do not forget to post it on the Instagram with the hashtag- #bakewithshivesh and also check out my Instagram for regular updates on new recipes and tips on baking!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 small jar of peanut butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and organic sugar on medium-high until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually fold in the flour mixture until just combined and a dough forms.
- On a piece of parchment paper, roll the dough out. With a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles.
- Form pairs of the dough circles, and using the bottom part of a piping bag, make smaller circles on one cookie of each pair. This step in optional.
- Refrigerate on the baking sheets for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 200C. Bake the cookies for 10-15 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, generously spread peanut butter on them and make sandwiches.
Leave a Reply