Delhi weather is really playing a game of trick and treat with us. The afternoons are such tricks- sometimes it’s raining and sometimes it’s sunny. While the evenings are always a treat. And to give you the best ever dessert recipe- no matter if it’s sunny or raining- I present to you a delicious, decadent batch of chocolate caramel cookies!
Imagine biting into chewy cookies with a warm, caramel filling. I know it feels no less than heaven and I assure you that you’ll love me endlessly for this recipe. Plus, these chocolate caramel cookies are extremely easy to make. They take the standard cookie baking time- approximately one hour- (baking included), and end up being the star on all your gatherings too1 I believe, if you are in a rush to make any dessert, you can simply prepare a batch of cookies. The best part about cookies is that you can play so much with one single dough! Even with these chocolate caramel cookies, convert them into Nutella cookies. Simply replace all the steps related to dulce de leche in this chocolate caramel cookies recipe with Nutella and you’re good to go!
Tips to get the perfect gooey chocolate caramel cookies
Now, the recipe is standard and extremely easy. But I always repeat and repeat to follow the recipe with full discipline. The standard tips to get any recipe right is to have your ingredients and tools in one place before you get baking. Even for these chocolate caramel cookies, get your ingredients to room temperature, get your tools out, and then get baking! Why I repeat to get your ingredients at room temperature is because temperatures really determine your end result. Cold butter instead of softened butter won’t mix well. Hot milk dissolves with other ingredients faster than cold milk, and so on. All these tips are based on basic scientific knowledge and this is what makes baking a meticulous task of science.
Follow the given steps to ensure you have the best chocolate caramel cookies:
- The gooey center is a result of freezing your dulce de leche. Do not skip out this step at any cost.
- Use softened butter for your chocolate caramel cookies.
- Do not use huge balls of the dulce de leche.
Tips to properly bake your cookies
Cookies, just like cakes, could be baked in several different ways, as per your preference. Whether you want them flat, or full and bloated, whether you like them soft or like them dense and crunchy; cookies can be of various shapes or textures. The idea is to add the right ingredients in the right amount whether it be the flour, the sugar, or the eggs.
Keep the following tips in mind to get the most perfect batch of cookies:
- When the recipe clearly states use room temperature ingredients, Use room temperature ingredients. There is absolutely no substitute for that
- Once you have mixed all your ingredients, letting your dough refrigerate for a few hours could help blend all the things that you put in. More importantly, it helps enhance the favour of your batch of cookies.
- Cookies must strictly be baked in a flat baking tray, with the scoop of dough a good distance from each other on it.
Recipe for chocolate caramel cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch/ corn flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½cup dulce de leche
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Beat butter and the sugars until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder,baking soda and corn flour to the butter mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
- Freeze small balls of dulce de leche for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes the prepared baking tray.
- Flatten the balls using your fingers and stuff them with the frozen dulce de leche balls and fold up the edges of the cookies And seal the edges.
- Top the cookies with chocolate chips generously.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once baked let them cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes