This recipe of the Nutella mug cake is a dream come true! It is a super easy, super fast, and super yum fix for your dessert desires. And also, it is ready within a maximum of 5 minutes! What else do we need? Now, mug cakes are such a famous bunch of recipes, especially on the blog. There are about three more mug cake recipes. But, this Nutella mug cake is a star. An absolute star! So many of you have already made it and so many of you are continuing to make it- it’s a wonderful feeling! Probably, the reason why this nutella mug cake has won so many hearts is because it has Nutella. And of course, everyone loves some indulgent chocolate and some delicious Nutella in their desserts. I listen to what you guys want and I love it when you guys bake my recipes. I feel like such a star!
Now, the reason why you should definitely be trying your hands on this nutella mug cake is because it’s a quick fix to everything you want in a dessert! Chocolate? Check! Nutella? Check! Easy recipe? Check! Microwaveable? Check! I will seriously just keep asking- what more do you guys possibly need in a dessert? This mug cake, trust me, is the answer to all your dessert prayers. Of course you’d be committing a sin and betraying that hour of workout, but the world is anyway ending, y’all. Might as well bake something this yum while we are at it, no? Haha!
Tips to absolutely nail this nutella mug cake
Of course you’d think that we don’t any any tips with mug cakes. But, me and my team are always willing to be here for you- just in case you fall into a trap. And so, we make it a point to diligently give out some very helpful tips to get anyone- amateur or professional- a beautiful dessert. According to me, dessert failures just feel like the worst. Baking is a science and sometimes, the technique behind the perfect dessert really scares me! When a dessert fails, we end up wasting so many ingredients and we can’t even get them back. Cooking, on the other hand, gives anyone a lot of leg space for mistakes.
And thus, the following tips are sure to help you out for when you’re having a dessert disaster!
The type of your cup matters
Now, you may be aware of this baking fact that says that a larger the surface area supports uniform and complete baking. And the opposite is also true- if you push in a dessert in a narrow tin, it might not come out fully baked. This applies to mug cakes too. You can see it in the Youtube video that I have also used a cup with a wide mouth. This really supports the baking procedure. Especially since you’re baking in a microwave, you need a wide mouth cup to get a Nutella mug cake of your dreams!
Making sure your cup is also deep enough
Like all cakes, this Nutella mug cake will also rise and making sure that your cup is not overflowing with the batter is also important!
Microwave settings differ
All microwaves, unlike ovens, are extremely different from each other. Stick to the time the recipe asks you to stick to. However, if a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out extremely wet, bake for more short intervals until you get a stable and baked Nutella mug cake.
Ingredients for this Nutella mug cake
I have made it a point to steer you clear of all ingredient related doubts. And so, most of my articles now have a full fledged ingredient list and their brands. This is because I don’t want any of you to face any issues even with a simple 70 second nutella mug cake.
- The all purpose flour is basically your Maida. Using any brand’s Maida works well for this nutella mug cake.
- We have used Hershey’s cocoa powder. Please do not think that it must be expensive. Cadbury and Hershey’s cocoa powder is priced the same.
- Baking powder is from the brand Weikfield. It really is the bestseller.
- We have used normal toned milk for this nutella mug cake. You can use almond milk or soy milk- but we are unsure of the taste. If you do make it, please do not forget to tag us on Instagram!
- For the vegetable oil, I really stick to Sundrop or Saffola. I avoid using flavoured oils.
- Caster Sugar is from the brand Trust. There are other brands like Solar, and you can basically use any brand’s castor sugar for this nutella mug cake.
Recipe for nutella mug cake
- ¼ cup all purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbsp Castor Sugar
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Nutella
- Mix all the dry ingredients- flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and caster sugar in your cup.
- Once your ingredients are mixed well, add the vegetable oil and the milk.
- Give the batter a good mix.
- Add the nutella and mix again.
- Microwave for 70 seconds.
- Top with icecream and serve.