If you believe that summers are so hectic- raise your hands! We’re just approaching the hottest months of the year and the summer heat is already getting to me. This season is also very confusing because your appetite goes on such a toss and you need something cool to calm down your senses and that is why I stick to some amazing coolers such as this blackberry lemon cooler which doesn’t only keep me fresh and hydrated but is also quick to prepare and so delicious!
The main ingredients of this blackberry lemon cooler are obviously blackberry and lemon which are super rich in Vitamin-C and also have antioxidant properties. These keep your body hydrated and keep the summer heat from getting to you by preventing dehydration and nausea!
Carry this blackberry lemon cooler with yourself at all times in a steel flask and you’re sorted for the day! For more cooler recipes click here.
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 4 tbsp cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup club soda
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- basil leaves, to garnish
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, cook blackberries, sugar, lemon juice and water until the blackberries begin to break and a syrup forms.
- pour the syrup into serving glasses. Top with soda and ice. Add crushed ice.
- Garnish with basil leaves.