If you follow me ardently, you know I love trifles and if I get the opportunity to play around with them, I do so immediately, and in addition to the other trifle recipes, I present to you the S’mores Trifle recipe!
Google defines “S’more” as a treat that consists of fire-roasted marshmallows and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker. I thought of increasing the quantity and playing around the idea of S’more which lead me to create this utterly delectable S’mores Trifle. There is also a recipe for S’more Cookies on the blog if you like s’mores as I do!
I topped my S’mores Trifle with a delicious bite-sized piece of chocolate but you can play around and throw in some strawberries or raspberries. What could possibly go wrong with some chocolate and cream, haha.
- 8-10 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g fresh cream
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4-5 marshmallows
- On a saucepan set over medium heat, heat the fresh cream and bring it to a slight boil.
- Pour the hot cream over chopped dark chocolate. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then mix to combine. Refrigerate.
- Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter. Transfer them into a large glass jar.
- Using a piping bag, make a layer of cooled chocolate ganache on the crushed biscuit layer.
- Top with whipped cream. Repeat the layers, if required.
- Place the marshmallows on top. Toast them using a kitchen torch.
- Serve immediately