You know I love cookies. I know you love cookies. We all love cookies, don’t we? They’re so easy to make, it takes only 15 minutes in the oven and calls for simple ingredients. All you need is the right equipment! Besides the basic whisk and spatula that are ever so important, other tools like a cookie sheet and ice-cream scoop come handy when you’re making cookies. I fall back on all the tools that I’ve shopped from Home Centre. To say the least, using their cookie sheet has made my good cookies great. Instead of using parchment paper to make your cookies, use the cookie sheet from Home Centre, that ensures that your cookies don’t burn or stick. As a food blogger, my job doesn’t end there. I have to also style and photograph the food I make. For that, I’m always on a look out for great table ware and props. Home Centre has a great collection of table ware that I absolutely love. Make sure you check out their collection HERE.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1+1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch/ corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and white sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add crushed almonds and white chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a cookie sheet. Place the pretzels on the cookie dough balls and press them lightly with your fingers into the dough. Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Pre heat your oven to 170C
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes