You know I love cookies. I know you love cookies. We all love cookies, don’t we? Cookies are SO easy to make, it takes only 15 minutes in the oven and calls for simple ingredients. These Pretzel Cookies are equally easy! All you need is the right equipment!
These Pretzel Cookies are amazing! What makes these Pretzel Cookies stand out is the fact that they consist of different textures. Don’t you just love it when you bite into something and they’re crunchy and gooey and so beautifully soft? I love all such things! You also have sweet and salty in these Pretzel Cookies. This is heaven. Period.
Besides the basic whisk and spatula that are ever so important, other tools like a cookie sheet and ice-cream scoop come handy when you’re making cookies. I fall back on all the tools that I’ve shopped from Home Centre. To say the least, using their cookie sheet has made my good cookies great. Instead of using parchment paper to make your cookies, use the cookie sheet from Home Centre, that ensures that your cookies don’t burn or stick. As a food blogger, my job doesn’t end there. I have to also style and photograph the food I make. For that, I’m always on a look out for great tableware and props. Home Centre has a great collection of tableware that I absolutely love. Make sure you check out their collection HERE.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1+1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch/ corn flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup pretzels
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter until it is fluffy
- Add in both brown and white sugar and cream them with the butter.
- Beat in the egg. Add vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Add crushed almonds and white chocolate chips. Using a spatula or a whisk, carefully mix them into the batter
- Scoop out your dough into balls of equal sizes on a cookie sheet. Place the pretzels on the cookie dough balls and press them lightly with your fingers into the dough. Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Preheat your oven to 170C
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- After taking them out of the oven, let them rest on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes