The Organic Mantras Initiative has opened my eyes as to how easy it is to adapt to an organic lifestyle. Visit my recipe page to check out all the recipes created by me as a part of the initiative. This is one among the many initiatives by the company to promote organic. You can also check out some of their other initiatives and unique practices like the Organic Board, the seed to kitchen and farm care initiatives. By creating a complete organic recipe diary anyone who wants to start an organic life can do it with ease.
- 1/2 cup butter (113 grams/ 8 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup organic sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 + 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- To make the base of the tart, pre-heat the oven to 190C
- In a bowl, cream butter and organic sugar.
- Beat in the egg-yolk
- Mix in flour and beat until the dough begins to come together.
- Knead the dough and divide into two equal halves. Wrap them with plastic wrap individually and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes or until the dough is firm.
- Roll out the dough and line the tart tins with the rolled out dough. Chill in the freezer for another 15 minutes