I clearly love orange cakes. There are so many orange cake recipes on the blog and I really love them all. This orange cake with mascarpone frosting is another addition to the long list of orange cake recipes on the blog.
This orange cake with mascarpone frosting is light and fluffy and I’m sure you’d love the texture. I make this recipe using eggs and there is NO substitute here. However, you can use my vegan orange cake recipe if you’re looking for an eggless orange cake.
The frosting is simple but delicious- I fold in mascarpone cheese into some whipped cream for more flavor and creaminess. I absolutely love mascarpone cheese and recommend using Flanders brand. If you can not get your hands on mascarpone cheese, you can cover this gorgeous orange cake with cream cheese frosting ( click HERE for the recipe) or my vanilla bean butter cream frosting (click HERE for the recipe).
If you end up making this orange cake with mascarpone frosting, don’t forget to share pictures with me by using #BakeWithShivesh on social media channels. I’d love to hear how the recipe turned out for you. Let’s get started now!
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- 1 tablespoon (6g) fresh orange zest
- 3/4 cup (180mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) castor sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180mL) fresh orange juice
FOR THE FROSTING-
- 1/2 cup (113g) lightly beaten mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup (225g) whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) vanilla extract
- Pre- heat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a 9″ round cake pan with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and orange zest.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat oil and sugar until light and pale. With mixer on low, beat in eggs one at a time.
- Alternately, fold in flour mixture and orange juice, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix just until combined and do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan.
- Smooth top using a spatula. Bake at 180C until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. It should take about 30-40 minutes.
- For the frosting, fold in the mascarpone cheese and vanilla extract in the whipped cream. Once the cake has cooled completely, cover it with frosting. Decorate the cake with dehydrated orange slices and blueberries.
- Your orange cake with mascarpone frosting is now ready!