Combined with the deliciousness of maple cake and freshness of lemon and strawberries, this lemon and cream trifle recipe is above and beyond any other trifle I have made.
The first bite of this lemon and cream trifle is such a blast of flavors, it is quite inexplicable. Have a look at the procedure of this recipe and you’ll know how easy it is- something you can easily whip up under 30 sweet minutes.
This lemon and cream trifle also presents a very balanced taste of sweet and savory and it is not at all associated with the feeling of heaviness. It’s a delightful thing to eat and to look at and so it becomes perfect for a lot of occasions!
You can also use pound cake instead of maple cake and you’ll do just fine!
- 1 cup cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1/4 cup 100% pure Canadian maple syrup
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Maple Cake
- Berries to top
- Fold in the maple syrup and lemon zest in the whipped cream
- In the serving glasses, layer the maple cake and cream.
- Top with fresh strawberries and garnish with mint leaves