I absolutely love making cookies. Whether I need some emotional comfort or just a quick sugar fix- having cookies handy comes as a savior! Nothing that can go wrong when you have a batch of delicious cookies on your side, especially these delicious eggless red velvet cookies.
This eggless red velvet cookies recipe is almost similar to your basic chocolate cookie recipe- just a little less cocoa, a little more flour, some vanilla and a sprinkle of white chocolate chips. Soft, chewy, and all things delicious, this cookie recipe is now my go-to for a quick treat. It takes hardly some minutes to make and everybody goes gaga for them!
If you bake these red velvet cookies, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and use the hashtag- #bakewithshivesh
How to nail these eggless red velvet cookies
- It is very important to let the dough of this eggless red velvet cookie chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before you can pop them into the oven. I know it is very tempting to simply skip this step but it is very important if you want your cookies to come out well-baked.
- Do not over bake the cookies. Bake them for only 12-15 minutes only. In addition to this, allow the cookies to rest on the baking tray for 10 minutes after you have taken them out of the oven.
- These cookies use white chocolate chips. You can also use cream cheese frosting to top the cookies and take it up a notch!
Busting your red velvet myths
Very often, I’ve heard people say that all red velvet desserts are the hardest desserts to nail because of the variety of ingredients it incorporates and the intense preparation they require. But let me tell you, it’s actually the other way round! With the right amount of dedication and the perfect spoonfuls of some determination and patience, nailing these eggless red velvet cookies is going to be extremely easy!
To solve your doubts and queries about baking cookies, I have an entire blog post dedicate to Baking your Cookies right which will surely help you out of your cookie misery!
More delicious cookies from the blog
Eggless Red Velvet Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds + 2 tablespoon of water, mixed and rested for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 + ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 tablespoon of red food colour
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with brown sugar and castor sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the flax egg and vanilla to this mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and corn starch. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until the dough comes together.
- Add 2-3 drops of red food colour and mix well.
- Add the white chocolate chips to the dough.
- Pop the dough into the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. On a baking tray lined with parchment paper/ silicon mat, scoop the cookie dough in equal sized balls.
- Use your fingers to gently press the dough balls to flaten them a little. Top with white chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes
- Let the red velvet cookies sit on the baking tray for another 10 minutes before you lift them.