Hey love-birds! have you been looking for a perfect Valentine’s Day recipe? Look no further! This white and pink cake is pretty and much more. I love how this recipe is actually very basic ( which means you won’t mess up) but actually looks so fancy. I decorated this cake with pink carnations because hey, Valentine’s Day!
Use the best quality vanilla beans/ vanilla extract for this cake. This recipe uses eggs but you can replace the eggs with one and a half cup yoghurt. Happy Baking!
- 2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 4 tea-spoons baking powder
- 1 + 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanila extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups icing sugar, sifted
- pink food colouring
Fresh flowers, to decorate.
- Lightly brush your cake pans with oil/ butter and dust with all purpose flour. Line with parchment paper. Pre-heat your over to 180C.
- In a medium bowl, combine all purpose flour and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until the mixture becomes light and fluffy, for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one by one, mixing well after each edition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in three batches, alternating with milk. Do not over mix.
- Evenly divide the batter into 2 pans and bake for 40 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean
- For the frosting, cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar, one cup at a time, mixing well after each edition. Add pink colour.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, layer and assemble them. Decorate with fresh flowers.