- 1/4 cup SPRIG caramel (if you’re not using this, you can brush the cake pan generously with butter and spread an even layer of lightly packed brown sugar on it- 5-6 tablespoons)
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tea-spoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Spread a generous layer of caramel on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Arrange the bananas on the caramel
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat oil and sugar.
- With mixer on low, beat in eggs one at a time. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients alternating with milk, and starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat until smooth.
- Carefully pour the batter over the arranged fruit and bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden-brown. Let the cake rest in the tin for 10-15 minutes before taking it out.