I’ve always enjoyed Fall Baking. For me its always about apples and spices. I’ve made so many apple desserts this month and this one is interesting and simple. To make it simpler for me and to avoid collecting spices differently, I got my hands on the Coconut Sugar mingled with a Quartet of Brown Spices from SPRIG. With its warming melange of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and star anise, it is perfect for any apple desserts.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- Egg wash ( egg lightly beaten with a splash of milk)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry and cut out a large circle.
- Arrange slices of apples on the puff pastry, leaving 1″border.
- Sprinkle the apple slices with coconut sugar.
- Brush the edges with egg wash.
- Bake for 20=25 minutes at 180C until the pastry is golden-brown.